Custom Properties with title != "QCAD" disapear

Discussion forum for C++ and script developers who are using the QCAD development platform or who are looking to contribute to QCAD (translations, documentation, etc).

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files, scripts and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

mink

Custom Properties with title != "QCAD" disapear

Post by mink » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi all.

custom properties wear a title, a key and a value. As long as i choose "QCAD" as title, everything works as expected.

However, when I set another title programatically, again everything is ok as long as the drawing is active (the property editor shows title as well as key / value). When I save (as dxf, any revision (to R27)) the drawing and activate it again, theese custom properties disapeared.

Bug or feature? :wink:

Regards,

Ulrich

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Custom Properties with title != "QCAD" disapear

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:45 pm

QCAD stores custom properties in the format key:value (as string). Other applications store custom properties differently.

For this reason, the DXF exporter must know if a custom property is a QCAD supported property or a custom property from another application in an unknown / unsupported format.

This check is performed by comparing the property title with qApp.applicationName, so you might just want to set qApp.applicationName to your desired title.

mink

Re: Custom Properties with title != "QCAD" disapear

Post by mink » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Hello Andrew,

thanks for the info!
Ulrich

Return to “QCAD Programming, Script Programming and Contributing”