Best fit development environment for c++

Discussion forum for C++ and script developers who are using the QCAD development platform or who are looking to contribute to QCAD (translations, documentation, etc).

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files, scripts and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

mink

Best fit development environment for c++

Post by mink » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:54 am

Hi,

I am struggling to set up a development environment for QCad development in C++.

Until now, without success. I downloaded Qt everywhere; but fail to configure it on a Windows 7 machine. Is there any cookbook or documentation with step by step instructions? (NB: the target system is definitely Windows, however I would not care if the development environment would be linux ...)

Any ideas?

Regards,

Ulrich

PS: I want to thank for the answers I got so far! I adore your speed and technical excelence!

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Best fit development environment for c++

Post by andrew » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:04 am

Brief compilation instructions for Windows are available at:
http://www.qcad.org/en/component/conten ... es#windows

I'm using cygwin as shell and jom instead of nmake under Windows, but the Windows command line and nmake will also work.

mink

Re: Best fit development environment for c++

Post by mink » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:44 pm

Thanks for your answer. It help to investigate into the correct direction: to set the environment variables (a little bit more as the vsvars32.bat thing...). But right now, I have nmake building Qt in my cygwin window (at least a unix-like environment! great!), and it seems to be work okay!

Regards,
Ulrich

Return to “QCAD Programming, Script Programming and Contributing”