Getting started

Discussion forum for C++ and script developers who are using the QCAD development platform or who are looking to contribute to QCAD (translations, documentation, etc).

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files, scripts and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

socalengr
Registered Member

Getting started

Post by socalengr » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:38 am

Andrew,

I need some help getting started. First, your build instructions say to install Qt 4.8.4 and rebuild it. 4.8.4 was not readily available, but 4.8.5 is, so that is what I have. Secondly, I just downloaded the binaries for Qt since I see no reason to build them. Therefore, I ran into this error:

Project ERROR: Script bindings not available for Qt version 4.8.5. You can add t
hem to src/scripting/qt-labs-qtscriptgenerator-4.8.5 or use another version of Q
t.

I am trying to build on Windows. I don't have any interest in Linux. Ideally, I would like a VS2010 Express project file, but make files will do for now.

Thanks,
Don

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Getting started

Post by andrew » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:47 am

What version of the sources are you using? If you download the sources from our web site, script bindings for Qt 4.8.5 are included:
http://qcad.org/en/qcad-downloads-trial
-> QCAD Source Code

kazmer

Re: Getting started

Post by kazmer » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:48 pm

I had the similar problem after moving to Debian Wheezy recently (that is, it comes with Qt 4.8.2, whereas closest script bindings are for 4.8.1 in Git). I just copied the 4.8.1 directory to 4.8.2 (it could have needed a trivial modification or two of some .pro as well) -- it's probably not optimal a move, but I hardly think it causes any problems when only patch levels change.

I don't see why you couldn't at least try that route on Windows as well. At worst it doesn't work :twisted:.

Return to “QCAD Programming, Script Programming and Contributing”